As the end of the year nears, we all look back on what we have done (or haven’t done!) and reflect. Sometimes we wish there was things we had said, perhaps you didn’t lose the weight you wanted or maybe you achieved your dream. If you knew then, what you know now, what would you have done different?
Dear younger Lottie,
Here’s 5 things you should know…
1. Ignore the girls at school. Actually, ignore any of the kids at school that have bad things to say. Once you leave, you never have to see any of them again. And when you do see them, they probably won’t say a word. They’re only bitchy when they’re with their pack.
2. Don’t worry about your looks. It’s really not a big deal. Stop wearing blue eye shadow witAlthough, try and eat a little less fat and a little more fruit. Because you’ll soon become paranoid about your weight and getting up at half 5 in the morning for a fat loss bootcamp is not fun.
3. Dream big. You can be anything you want to be. Hold onto your dreams and work hard to achieve them. Stay at sixth form and study. You can do it.
4. Your friends are important. Keeping in contact with people once you go your separate ways is hard but it’s worth it. Always be kind to everyone. You can be a bit of a cow but try and be nice. You never know when you might need the.
5. Sometimes life is going to hurt. People change. People die. People move on. It’s life and there’s not a lot you can do. So don’t worry over the things you can’t change. It’s ok to hurt and be sad but in the end you have to keep living and being happy. You’ll never forget the memories so hold on to those.
If you knew then what you know now, what would you tell your younger self?
With love, Lottie